Counter Sales Associate
Posted on: August 11, 2019
Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and
hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an
Counter Sales Associate in Fairfield, OH!
What you will do:
As a Counter Sales Associate you are the first thing our customers
see as they walk into our branches you are the face of Airgas! You
will sell medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding
equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. The Inside/Counter
Sales Associate responds to inquiries or concerns from either
walk-in customers or those customers that call in as well as
provides additional warehouse support as needed.
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers
assisting customers with identification of product needs and
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a
timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches
information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters
sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and
adhering to all administrative and accounting related
- Wraps and bags purchases and helps customers load merchandise
into their vehicles.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory
stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves
or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety
procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as
it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
You will have:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales
related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of
education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry
with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG,
TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the
purpose of explaining information to customers and
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access--
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director,
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, Fairfield , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!