Company: Element Materials Technology
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Element has an opportunity for a Sales Manager who will be
primarily responsible for expanding business through the day-to-day
management and coaching of 3 business development teams with one
based in Cincinnati, one in Chicago, and one in Boulder . The Sales
Manager should display and cascade an enterprise mentality and
create a positive environment. They are responsible for the
prioritization and assignment of their team, setting clear goals
and priorities in order to meet, or exceed, the team budget. The
Sales Manager also sets and executes the strategy for the Medical
Device Services housed in the Life Science Business Unit.
- Oversee a team of Business Development
Managers, Business Development Associates, Customer Service
Representatives, and Associate Sales Engineers, providing effective
coaching and direction, to achieve rollup sales goal.
- Set clear goals for the team, that will enable the Business
Unit to meet or exceed targets
- Contribute to and support the preparation, execution and
ongoing progress toward the annual sales and marketing plan
- Assist, and support the growth of key accounts
- Define expectation around response time, follow-ups, pipeline
management etc and proactively monitor and manage these
- Assess and coach direct reports, including making joint
calls/visits and provide them with the tools necessary to improve
the required skills and competencies
- Ensure direct reports are prioritizing highest opportunities
and/or accounts, for the greatest potential impact on generating
organic growth for Element
- Ensure sales team uses desired behaviors and actions to execute
the sales strategy, working with the Commercial Excellence team to
drive adoption of commercial excellence initiatives and
- Drive proactive positive enterprise sales approach through the
- Build a competitive and motivating atmosphere of selling
- Engage other Element resources to help team members to advance
- Partner with Operations in order to have seamless
- Actively utilize PowerBI to monitor performance and drive
- Participate in and lead training/coaching opportunities
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element's service
- Comply with and drive adoption of Element's commercial
excellence processes, tools and systems
- Fully comply with Element brand guidelines, using appropriate
templates, styles, content and activities where they exist
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not
limited to Terms and Conditions, trade compliance, treatment of
others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to GDPR,
safety, environment and corporate governance.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10-15 years sales experience, of which 5+ years must have been
in a sales leadership position
- Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based
- Interpersonal skills - particularly in dealing with senior
stakeholders around the business
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer
quotes/contracts, marketing materials, and customer testing
specifications. Ability to write routine reports and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (DCRM, Word, Excel,
- Experience of working with PowerBI advantageous
- Strong project & team management, time management &
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the
company at a broad range of events/projects in the community, with
customers and within the company.
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure
related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, to meet a
variety of communication needs.
- Good interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward
communication built on mutualrespect.
- Ability to travel, with overnight stays, required.#LI-TK1
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and
certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than
9,000 brilliant minds operating from 270 sites across 30 countries.
Together we share an ambitious purpose to 'Make tomorrow safer than
today'. When failure in use is not an option, we help customers
make certain that their products, materials, processes and services
are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D,
through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our
global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and
technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product
quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access. While we are
proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part
of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career,
and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail
and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in
creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We
are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and
inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's
most trusted testing partner". All suitably qualified candidates
will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective
work related criteria and without regard for the following: age,
disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion,
responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender
identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable
governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the
applicable governing laws.
Keywords: Element Materials Technology, Fairfield , Sales Manager, Sales , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!