Sales - Associate New Business Underwriter
Company: Cincinnati Insurance Company, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and
apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into
action, we're looking for extraordinary people to join our talented
team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring
associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company
serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses
as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents
to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the
communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in
If you're ready to build productive relationships, collaborate
within a diverse team, embrace challenges, and develop your skills,
then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career
opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' Sales & Marketing department is
currently seeking candidates for an Associate New Business
Underwriter. Associate New Business Underwriters support field
marketing reps by underwriting smaller new business policies.
Many departments at our headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer
hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home
several days a week. Depending on your role and responsibilities,
hybrid options may be available for those working at
The pay rate for this position is $21.63 an hour. The pay
determination is based on the applicant's education, experience,
location, knowledge, skills and abilities. Eligible associates may
also receive an annual cash bonus and stock incentives based on
company and individual performance.
Be Ready To:
- analyze, underwrite, and price new commercial business within
stipulate authority. Selected Candidates will work closely with
assigned Field marketing reps.
- ensure adequate pricing through proper classification,
predictive modeling, accuracy of information and adherence to
company underwriting standards and philosophy, referring any
accounts outside authority level to an underwriter
- communicate directly with agencies to gather information
- communicate with Loss Control, Premium Audit, Direct Bill,
Claims and Sales to provide service to agents and underwriters,
applying discretion to escalate when applicable
- research and gather information about coverage questions, state
issues and workflows and refer to field marketing rep or manager
- meet department service level agreements for new business
issuance, respond to inquiries in a timely manner, effectively
research and work to solve problems for internal and external
- handle special projects and assignments as directed
Qualification: Be Equipped With:
- sound, logical decision making
- knowledge of Commercial Lines systems
- the ability to develop positive working relationships with team
members and agents by working to find possible solutions that are
beneficial to all
- skilled use of verbal communication to explain, negotiate and
present information and an understanding of when to use verbal or
- ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify
possible solutions and take appropriate action or seek
- comfortable in a very fast paced environment
- ability to work independently and in a team environment
- the desire to pursue further additional knowledge You've
- a bachelor's degree or two or more years of insurance related
- Associate in Insurance (AINS) or other insurance designations
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships
with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether
you have experience from another carrier or you're new to the
insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach.
Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be
successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance
professional - all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best
practices, and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated.
To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we
offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our
benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a
diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex,
including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender
status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military
service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic
information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn More.
Keywords: Cincinnati Insurance Company, Inc., Fairfield , Sales - Associate New Business Underwriter, Sales , Okeana, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!