Manager, District Sales
Company: White Cap
Posted on: November 21, 2022
A position at White Cap isnt your ordinary job. Youll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities.The White Cap family is committed
to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply
knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment.Job
SummaryResponsible for driving and managing the successful
execution of GM$ growth goals by implementing sales strategies, New
Trade/ Value Added Service plans, and growing sales talent in the
district. Orchestrates and leads Account Management team to drive
profitable sales revenue and growth. Monitors, analyzes and reports
on district sales success and challenges resources to exceed goals.
Coaches, mentors, develops and drives accountability with the local
Sales Teams.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Reviews key sales metrics including sales growth, sales
category penetration & safety, and gross profit percentage goal.
Focuses on areas for improvement and upcoming projects. Trains and
provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling
processes and technique
- Leads, engages and inspires team to ensure they are focused on
the best opportunities with the highest overall sales potential.
Provides regular feedback for improvement and ensures
accountability and focus to drive profitable business results.
Spends at least 4 days a week with different Account Managers.
- Assesses account manager overall effectiveness and areas for
improvement with a Coach up or coach out approach. Coaches the
account manager on the purpose of sales calls, how to effectively
communicate product information to customers and clients.
- Coaches the account manager on how to develop profitable long
term customer relationships.
- Manages local customer lifecycle to ensure a reasonable account
list for each AM (ideally 35-40) customer accounts
- Seeks customer feedback overall company performance and develop
strategies for improvement if needed. Appropriately shares feedback
with Functional leadership to improve customer experience.
- Conducts monthly one-on-one accountability sales team reviews
with account managers and other staff.
- Observes how the branch and operations interact with the
account manager and vice versa and shares feedback for
- Facilitates various sales meetings with staff and managers to
discuss and understand sales strategies and accountability.
Arranges and supports Sales Training, Product knowledge sessions
with account managers, branch managers, and Inside Sales
- Set monthly vendor and PSS ride schedule to ensure further
product penetration at the customers.
- Ensures positive pricing habits and support MSA 2.0
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates to
support business objectives. Responsible for succession
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective
selling processes and technique.Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and
rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the
time.Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+
years of experience in a related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines.Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and
10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background and recruiting
- Product knowledge and ability to work cross functionally.
- Leadership and coaching experience.If youre looking to play a
role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities.
We cant wait to meet you.Functional Area SalesRecruiter
Shackelford, TroyReq ID WCJR-008669White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Fairfield , Manager, District Sales, Sales , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!