Assistant Plant Manager
Company: Novolex Holdings, LLC
Posted on: August 13, 2019
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the
globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial
culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our
careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply
chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an
ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid
Assistant Plant Manager
The Assistant Plant Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the
production activities of the plant. They will be responsible for
managing the installation and repair of all machinery/equipment as
well as supervising maintenance staff.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
The Assistant Plant Manager is accountable for inspiring and
executing strategies which achieve optimum safety, quality,
service, productivity, and profitability. They will perpetuate the
following responsibilities, either personally or, through
subordinate supervisors and subordinate connections:
-- Ensure all employees follow the Employee Health and Safety
-- Record and communicate "Close Calls"
-- Conduct EHS inspections (weekly, quarterly and annually.
- Advance initiatives that promote and sustain the safety,
health, security, and welfare of all employees.
- Review, update and implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain safe, clean, orderly (5s), and
environmentally-compliant production operations.
- Conduct daily shift walks and meetings with ongoing and off
going teams and communicating regularly with Plant Management and
leadership on items of concern.
- Audit the Quality Check logs for accuracy and completion
- Manage and document training of all hourly employees
- To review schedule to ensure proper line placement to ensure a
smooth transition from one order to the next
- Maintain, order and communicate when received, required
production supplies (issue P.O's and receive supplies for
- Inclusive oversight of all production and production support
activities of the facility ensuring all are conducted in accordance
with Company policies, principles, procedures, values, and
- Lead assigned projects (CAPEX, 5S, lean ect) as needed.
- Perpetually assess current strategies, systems, procedures,
performance, capabilities, equipment, facilities, and employees for
opportunities to optimize safety, flow, service, quality, and
- Coordinates and implements predictive and preventative
- Provide technical recommendations and implementation for
continuous improvement in plant production process
-- Supervise the installation and repair of all machinery/equipment
in conjunction with the day to day activities of maintenance
- Proactively conference and collaborate with customers, sales,
and internal/external support resources to evaluate, develop, and
promote strategies designed to improve service, flow, quality, and
- Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all
policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and
training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist with weekly and end of month inventory count.
- Monitor and report on received materials, plan for demand and
adjust variances when needed.
- Responsible for Weekly / Monthly reporting on production items
- Willingly undertake and perform other duties and tasks as
- Will have supervisors and lead personnel as well as the hourly
production workforce as direct reports.
- Partner with HR for production interviews / supporting the
- Maintain compliance within applicable regulations such as OSHA,
HACCP, GMP, employment related regulations
- Assist to fulfill the essential duties of the Plant Manager in
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in engineering
- Black Belt Certification or the ability to become certified
through an accredited organization preferred.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience and/or training in
a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education
- Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing TQM, ISO,
Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
- Proven technical leadership with the ability to utilize
structured problem solving methods to deliver results.
- Demonstrated competence to work with minimum supervision
effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with the willingness and
ability to learn new systems.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job
Novolex--- is committed to providing equal employment opportunity
in all employment practices, including but not limited to,
selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship
status, service member or veteran status, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who
because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in
connection with an aspect of the Company's application process
should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com.
Keywords: Novolex Holdings, LLC, Fairfield , Assistant Plant Manager, Professions , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!