Local Driver - Home Nightly
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: April 11, 2019
Company Overview About Core & Main Core & Main () is one of North
America's largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible
piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the
needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the
water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire
protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches
serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The
company provides localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety
procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor. Work Environment
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- Forklift certification.
Keywords: Core and Main, Fairfield , Local Driver - Home Nightly, Professions , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!