Forklift Operator (192)
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material
handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating,
stacking and counting merchandise. - The Operator is accountable
for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also
be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in
addition to his or her own. This position is responsible for
operating a sit-down and/or clamp forklift equipment.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a
forklift, clamp, push-pull equipment.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer
- Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following
prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee
inventory control and security
- Assists in physical inventories
- Ensures proper stock rotation
- Conducts cycle counts as requested
- Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge.
- Basic safety understanding in operating equipment
- Responsible for reporting safety concerns to management in a
- Report inventory discrepancies to inventory control team and
assists in resolution
- Must be able to complete inspection form prior operating
- Must be able to use RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of
inventoryJob Related & Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- At least 3 months forklift experience and/or using warehouse
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the distribution center and around area with great
frequency, facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to get NFI forklift certified
- Must have attention to detail, -excellent customer service
skills and basic math skillsEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: NFI Industries, Fairfield , Forklift Operator (192), Professions , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!