Assistant HR Manager - Distribution Operations - 2nd/3rd Shift Support
Company: Martin Brower
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Assistant Human Resource Manager is accountable for supporting
all Human Resource (HR) functions such as: implementing HR
operational strategies, analyzing business information and leading
HR and business project initiatives, proactively engaging in
employee relations issues, managing candidate staffing, selection
and community outreach, employee development activities, and
managing programs, policies and procedures in support of the
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Collaborates with HR Manager and local facility leadership to
get input on HR decisions and ensures the delivery of high-quality
- Evaluates potential issues or service needs and formulates
- Demonstrates employee advocacy and develops a reputation as a
neutral and approachable HR professional serving all
- Mediates difficult employee relations and/or other interactions
as a neutral party.
- Leads talent management, employee development, and succession
planning initiatives with HR Manager oversight.
- Communicates benefit-related changes and assists employees with
questions regarding benefits.
- Designs (as needed), revises, and communicates HR policies and
- Assures local facility complies with all federal, state, and
local laws governing employment.
- Designs and maintains affirmative action plan by conducting
statistical analysis and documenting progress in the AAP.
- Measures performance in the areas of human resources and safety
and presents information to corporate management and
- Manages the employee's performance evaluation and career
- Assists leadership team with budget formulation and
- Designs programs and policies to cultivate a strong customer
service culture in the HR function
- Provides value-added services including strategic management,
leadership development, and project management.
- May be assigned as a subject-matter expert on one or more human
resource disciplines for the company
- Develops and implements facility-staffing strategies inclusive
of community outreach.
- Support training initiatives and programs.
- May manage 1 or more direct reports
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 plus years of recent HR generalist experience, with strong
leadership and hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations,
Staffing, Talent Management, Change Management, Performance
Management, Labor/Union Relations and Regulatory Compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting
points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate
discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging
business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Track record of developing successful client
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize
thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive
process to successful implementation
- Strong experience working the "soft side" of HR including
developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open
communication at all levels
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently,
demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and create improved
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through
- Track record of success working at a fast pace
- Exhibits great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with HRIS, Microsoft Office and familiarity with
Applicant Tracking Systems
- Up to 15% travel for training, support of other company
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Two plus years of supervisory experience
- HR Certification
- Experience supporting multi-shift environments (i.e.
distribution or manufacturing)Physical Demands and Work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature
of our business regarding to such things as delivery schedules,
order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of
Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job
functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able
to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should
contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any,
reasonable accommodation may be made.As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Martin Brower, Fairfield , Assistant HR Manager - Distribution Operations - 2nd/3rd Shift Support, Professions , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!