Company: Honeymoon Paper
Posted on: November 23, 2018
Description Summary: Provides thoughtful set up and operation of the core of our manufacturing business, the various die cutters and gluer machines Your Contribution:
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises 3 to 5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain product flow to accomplish maximum capacity and efficiency of the machines
- Constantly monitor quality and suggest improvements
- Ensure Packers are focused and occupied filling customer orders
- Detect and report equipment issues, difficulties with dies, or raw materials to supervisor and/or maintenance department
- Develop written reports on accurate counts of finished goods produced and raw material utilized
- Provides written documentation and reports on start and stop times for all team members working on the machines to include any personnel issues affecting efficient operations
- Correctly set up all aspects of the operation and fine tune to maintain the highest quality and efficiencies
- Verify that raw materials are correct and that the finished goods are correctly identified
- Set quality levels for and maintain work area cleanliness
- Assist the American Institute of Baking (AIB) Coordinator and Committee in ensuring that Honeymoon Paper Products, Inc. (HPPI) meets or exceeds AIB standards for their area(s) of responsibility and that all team members are abiding by all HPPI quality, safety and AIB policies
- Inspect raw materials and finished goods to ensure they meet HPPI quality, safety and AIB standards
- Maintain machines and equipment within HPPI and AIB standards and ensure their overall good condition
- Performs other duties as assigned Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The characteristics listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in performing all job duties within established safety guidelines is required
- Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, governmental regulations, technical procedures, and procedure manuals
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in written form and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Capability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist
- Perform calculations that include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Execution of common sense strategy in understanding and executing instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations Physical Requirements and Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the machine operator is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and frequently exposed to vibration, and occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Regularly required to stand, use hands to fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, discern audible instructions and verbalize directives. Occasionally required to climb or balance, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. HPPI is committed to providing a competitive benefits package designed to improve the lives of our employees in Fairfield, OhioMedical - No Deductibles!Dental, Vision, PTO, 401KLife insurance and access to other programsAPPLY TODAY!
Keywords: Honeymoon Paper, Fairfield , Machine Operator, Other , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!