Company: Honeymoon Paper Products, Inc.
Posted on: September 7, 2018
At Honeymoon Paper Products we understand that good business is about people, relationships & going the extra mile. We prioritize respect & trust & embrace both accountability & grace. We value that individual contributions to continuous improvement is the first step to being a great company.
Company/Location: A quality manufacturer of corrugated and folding carton packaging since 1960 located in Fairfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Work Hours: Due to growth, positions are available on all shifts:
- First Shift 6:30 am to 2:45 pm
- Second Shift 2:30 pm to 10:45 pm
- Third Shift 10:30 pm to 6:45 pm
Summary: Trains new packers, ensuring quality defects are immediately reported to operators or supervisors
Your Contribution: This position has no direct supervisory responsibility, but is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and training of packers on an assigned machine.
- Constantly monitors accurate counts quality of packaged product
- Oversee and conducts training of new packers
- Ensures top efficiency in the operation, keeping accurate counts of all finished products
- Maintains production area cleanliness, keeping machine in working order
- Reports any mechanical problems
- Develop a clear understanding of all types of raw manufacturing materials
- Abides by all American Institute of Baking (AIB) and Honeymoon Paper Products Inc. (HPPI) quality and safety standards
Team Member Requirements: the following is not an all-inclusive list; other guidelines may apply as safety/production dictates
- Utilizes proper hair restraints
- Washes hands after using the restroom or eating or whenever hands become soiled
- Reports injuries, treats all cuts, scrapes, open sores immediately and appropriately following blood born pathogen policy
- Eliminate jewelry, shut off cell phones or pagers and do not place on or bring personal items to the production floor
- No food of any kind except in authorized areas and no tobacco products except in authorized areas
Desired Characteristics and Requirements: Desirable characteristics to perform this manufacturing job successfully in Fairfield, Ohio. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience
- Performs all job duties within established safety guidelines
- Proven ability to communicate well and train others
- Capable of reading a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Conduct addition and subtraction of two-digit numbers, multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Can perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
- Capable of dealing with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Physical Requirements and Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the Packing Lead is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in the manufacturing environment in Fairfield, Ohio. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to have the opportunity to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and vibrations with usually loud noises.
HPPI is committed to providing a competitive benefits package designed to improve the lives of our employees in Fairfield, Ohio
Medical - No Deductibles!
Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K
Life insurance and access to other programsAPPLY TODAY!
Keywords: Honeymoon Paper Products, Inc., Fairfield , Packing Lead, Other , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!