Welding And Assembly Group Leader
Company: Beneficial Talent Source
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Total Management of production, associates, team leaders, line
supports, safety and 5s.
Perform the welding/padding positions while maintaining quality,
safety, productivity standards, as well as performing minor
maintenance of all associated equipment. Capable of operating all
weld cells, ability to fill in for all positions within the scope
of the Welding and Assembly department and the knowledge to train
- Complete knowledge of Kanban process (Plant wide.)
- Knowledge of all quality checks and checking fixtures for each
part as well as burst and destruction testing.
- Offer input for efficient operation of new product
- Create standardized work instructions with welding team.
- Interviewing welding candidates to fill open positions with the
most qualified candidates.
- Personnel issues: training of new hires, handling disputes,
recording, and tracking absenteeism, reviewing daily timesheets,
employee evaluations, completing accident investigations, locker
assignments, updating versatility board, scheduling vacations,
completing employee change notices, requisitions, and any other
essential paperwork necessary.
- Responsible for QPRs (Quality Problem Report) sorting,
prevention, training, countermeasures. (Involves working and
communication with all departments and appropriating
- Post QPRs.
- Investigate quality issues with parts
- Work on getting parts out of the hold area.
- Manage production and control daily production
- Enforce personnel policies, terminations, and disciplinary
- Manage safety and 5s inside and outside facility.
- Oversee inventory.
- Manager safety stock supplies and needs of associates.
- Kaizen improvements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance of robots, and welding
equipment and training team leaders and line support to repair
- Scheduling outside maintenance on machines
- Communicate with Purchasing and outside vendors
- Ability to step in as Asst. Manager when needed
- Communicate with Asst. Manager any problems or issues with
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Spot, Mig, Arc welding and robot operation experience.
- Ability to program robots
- Ability to train and develop training manuals.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities. (Daily shift meetings are
required to keep communication open with associates)
- Knowledge of multiplication/division and ability to use
formulas to find parts per hour, graph results on
- Ability to read and understand manuals at each weld cell that
describe quality checks.
- Ability to operate handjack to move pallets.
Posted On: Monday, December 20, 2021by Jobble
Keywords: Beneficial Talent Source, Fairfield , Welding And Assembly Group Leader, Other , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!