Software Development Manager
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Manager, Application Portfolio & Software Development We deliver
our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what
they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center
of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty
Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company,
we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people
experience insurance. In this role you will manage staff, provide
technical guidance and agile leadership related to software
development. Focus will be on leading a team of developers
supporting GRM Business Lines policy publishing. These developers
are part of delivery teams aligned to an agile release train
following the SAFe framework supporting the highest priority
Business Lines strategic imperatives. Duties include employee
professional development, application ownership/stewardship and
leadership for these teams within their agile release train and
transformation journey. This manager reports into the Senior
Director of Acquisition and Product Innovation. About the job:
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with other
aligned managers and train leadership team to support agile
delivery teams; develops relationships that support increasing
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes.
Responsible for workforce and talent management plans.
- Coordinates and delivers performance reviews and drives
professional development; Facilitates or provides mentoring
- Deals effectively with performance issues in a timely manner;
Provides relevant coaching and support.
- Develops frameworks for benchmarking skills and establishing
- Influences financial plan for training budgets and/or overall
unit and manages to plan (has no application or portfolio financial
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision,
strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for
application, unit or portfolio.
- Owns applications for Publishing components within the Business
Lines eco-system. Responsible for working with agile teams,
dependent services teams and Hosting Services to ensure Publishing
stability and performance meet SLA commitments.
- Works with architecture and agile teams to ensures system,
technical and product architectures are aligned with business
- Supports Sr. Product Owners and Product Owners to ensure the
agile teams are positioned with resources and tools to meet
business objectives and functional needs
- Works with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and team members to
ensure service level agreements are met, problems are resolved in a
timely manner, and necessary support is in place for a stable and
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science
or a related discipline and at least five years of IT and
- Previous experience in a leadership position, or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational
and team building skills, business judgment
- Working knowledge of Agile/SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and
- Working knowledge of business operations, objectives, and
Benefits: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to
positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to
offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and
well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
https://LMI.co/Benefits Overview: At Liberty Mutual, we give
motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us
redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a
deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting
everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment,
where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough
ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued
and their growth championed. We're dedicated to doing the right
thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and
success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation.
Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find
their path at Liberty Mutual.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Fairfield , Software Development Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!