Customer Service/Admin Support
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Our Pet Distribution segment is seeking a Customer Service/Admin
Support resource to join our team in our Fairfield, OH office. This
position will provide administrative support to the entire
sales/merchandising team and work closely with both internal
personnel and customers. The Admin Support reports to the Office
Manager. We are proud to have a brand new temperature-controlled
facility and be able to offer employee discounts on pet products.
We also offer day shift hours with minimal need for overtime work.
Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance benefits effective the first month after just 30 days and
a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution after just 90 days of
employment. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support sales/merchandising personnel/delivery personnel in all
facets of service.
- Monitor and track daily customer orders ensuring accuracy,
timeliness of order completion.
- Manage invoices and credits on a daily basis.
- Manage RGA (Return Goods Authorization) process.
- Schedule/track freight pickups for returns.
- Manage supply order requests from field merchandisers.
- Handle a large volume of inbound calls & emails requesting
information on product availability, shipments, and/or general
- Send daily tracking information for 3 rd party shipments.
- Enter Prelude credit adjustments and occasional "bill only"
- Special projects as requested. IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One-year previous customer service or call center experience,
especially in a retail environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to solve problems and handle complex customer
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks at
- Must have experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook, knowledge
of Prelude is a plus but not required. Ability to work
independently without supervision and as part of a team.
- Must display professionalism, reliability.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, phone skills required.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a cooperative,
collaborative team environment.
- General Office duties, extensive client interaction, client
follow-up, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and
instructions. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily off ice environment, working in a sedentary position
with frequent use of PC and phone.
- Flexibility to work from home with access to high-speed
internet. At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we
believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are
driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our
company is made up of thousands of people across North America,
with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and
Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live
healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our
mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries---one
blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at
to learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Fairfield , Customer Service/Admin Support, Hospitality & Tourism , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!