Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900132
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Covington, KY
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Designs and develops application modules using J2EE architecture.
Implements J2EE design patterns, including Spring MVC and RESTful APIs.
Writes SQL scripts for Oracle databases. Provides business solutions by
developing complex or multiple software applications according to Agile
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience designing and
developing online, real-time, financial brokerage trading applications
using OWASP Security Principles.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
designing and developing online, real-time, financial brokerage trading
applications using OWASP Security Principles.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing Java and J2EE
applications and Web services and performing Object-oriented design,
using: MVC and Microservices design patterns with Spring Boot framework,
IDE toolset (Eclipse or STS), Bigbucket/Stash repositories, and Maven
dependency manager; and performing continuous integration and deployment
using UDeploy, and Docker containerization for deployment on Linux
Virtual Machines and Amazon Web Services EC2 instances.
• DE designing user interface using HTML5, Typescript, twitter
bootstrap, SASS/LESS, and ES6; implementing Angular 2 and Node.js UI
frameworks with NPM package manager; writing APIs with AWS Lambda
functions; and containerizing with Docker to deploy static content in
AWS S3 with Nginx server.
• DE designing and developing databases within an Oracle
environment to interact with applications based on Spring boot
framework; and developing and modeling within a large No-SQL database
environment including Cassandra database implementations in Nodejs and
Angular framework based applications.
• DE performing full stack development according to Scrum
methodologies, including project management, sprint planning, backlog
story grooming, daily standups, and sprint retrospective ceremonies
using Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
To apply, visit https://fidelity.com/jobs and search job code 1900132.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Fairfield , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900132, Finance , Covington, KY, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!