Manager, Credit Operations
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Summary and Scope: Manage the overall credit operations for a portion of a region to ensure the company's credit policies and procedures are followed in a manner that will increase sales, contribute to profits and customer stability, and ensure the prompt collection and adequate protection of Veritiv's investment in accounts receivable to minimize the risk of bad debt losses. Job Responsibilities:
- Strong customer focused orientation. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Monitors a specific portfolio of accounts and initiates action to facilitate on-time payment of invoices and to recover delinquent receivables.
- Supervise, instruct properly motivate the credit and collection staff.
- Advise regional V.P. region managers, branch managers, regional credit managers and director of credit of status, conditions, violations and recommendations for all credit issues.
- Counsel, advise customers on any credit issues.
- Researches negotiates and resolves complex customer disputes and issues with the sales team.
- Communicates with Sales regarding complex receivable issues that cannot be resolved through normal payables contacts.
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Ability to develop strategy while engaging effective tactics for consistent acceptable results.
- Provide for ongoing training of the credit staff.
- Maintain the corporate credit policy Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
- Ability to understand and interpret market factors and risk
- Informs Manager of any issues impacting the corporate DSO and receivable delinquency objectives.
- Monitor deductions being taken by customers
- Maintains effective communication and negotiation skills with external customers to effect collections while maintaining customer good will. Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Four year college degree and 5-10 years of relevant experience is required. Business degree is preferred
- Requires great oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in PC applications, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and other applications as required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and use order entry systems (VOS, MAX, CNT, VLS) for releases of held orders,
- Ability to learn and use Oracle and or Navison.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a team environment. Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
- General office environment Decision Rights:
- The Credit Manager will be required to make decisions daily as to shipping when a customer is past due and possibly over the credit line based on some general guidelines.
- The Credit Manager will be responsible for Semi and annual performance appraisals of their direct reports. Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv's legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:
Keywords: Veritiv, Fairfield , Manager, Credit Operations, Executive , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!