Company: Finn Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Product Manager is an expert for the assigned product line
and is responsible for management of the product life cycle
ensuring that products remain profitable and meet end users' needs
and expectations. The position manages the product communication
process and ensures changes are effectively communicated to
internal and external customers as well as company stakeholders.
The position acts as the "voice of the customer", working
cross-functionally across all areas of the business and through
research with end users to deliver new products, product line
extensions and changes that meet the company's financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates, manages and executes strategies in all aspects of
the product life cycle, including product ideation, changes and
development, in order to meet strategic objectives including margin
and revenue goals.
- Serves as the primary contact within the organization for
product requests, changes, suggestions or recommendations from
field personnel, customers and end users. Collects data and
evaluates, segments and prioritizes input to assist in making
recommendations for product changes and enhancements.
- Monitors and reports on product performance to ensure
achievement of company goals and priorities.
- Manages all pricing activities including: new product
introductions, product updates/changes, enhancements, new options
and general price increase requirements.
- Works closely with Marketing and Communications Management to
drive product awareness to achieve targeted sales goals.
- Develops strategies to drive product success, including market
position, product quality and pricing as well as cost reduction
- Manages the "Special Equipment" (SE) Request process. Evaluates
product request opportunities and works closely with Engineering,
Operations and Finance teams to review costs to set prices and
manage product profit margins. Advises internal customers on status
of requests in a timely manner.
- Monitors and manages product margins by working closely with
Finance department to evaluate costs to determine/recommend price
- Collaborates and works closely with Engineering and new product
development teams to communicate end user needs and considerations
through detailed and well planned strategies in order to drive
successful product launches.
- Conducts competitive analysis including management of database
containing competitive product offerings, specifications, features
and benefits as well as pricing database, discounts, collateral and
- Organizes, plans, supports and conducts professional training
sessions and presentations for meetings, seminars, associations as
well as dealer personnel and end customers.
- Participates in industry associations, attends seminars and
collaborates with industry influencers to enhance and share
knowledge, remaining abreast of best practices, trends and new
technologies. Attends national and regional conferences, trade
shows and industry meetings to promote the Finn brand and gain
insightful knowledge to assist the organization.
- Conducts market research activities and coordinates field
testing to evaluate product acceptance and determine target
markets, key opportunities. Evaluates strategic fit and makes
recommendations based upon customer feedback.
- Monitors key trends through warranty return process, customer
service reports and interaction with internal and external
customers. Reports on trends and makes recommendations to address
- Assists in the development and updating of marketing tools
including: websites, videos, collateral, presentations, "apps",
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering with 5+ years
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate detailed
product characteristics with high technical aptitude.
- Goal and task oriented. Ability to manage multiple tasks and
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational,
customer service and follow-up skills.
- Successful sales/product experience in erosion control or
compact equipment industry preferred. Working Environment/ Physical
Demands / Hours / Travel
- Work usually performed in an office setting or customer
- Hours may vary and will require evening, overtime and weekend
work depending on business needs
- Ability to utilize personal computer, e-mail, copier, fax,
phone, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as required by role (up to 25% of the
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or employees via
phone and in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from
one office location to another
Keywords: Finn Corporation, Fairfield , Product Manager, Executive , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!