PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER job in Northern Cincinnati is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for complete accurate & timely cad models, drawings, and bill of materials for manufacturing. Must follow projects on the shop floor and support production in a woodworking, laminate manufacturing environment, using AutoDesk Inventor Cad software . To be considered for this role, you will have a Associates---s degree or better in Manufacturing or Mechanical , and three to five years of experience designing and managing manufacturing for office cabinetry products. Experience with SyteLine as ERP experience is strongly preferred. This is a very visible, contract to hire or direct opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER job responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete accurate & timely cad models, drawings, and bill of materials for manufacturing. Must follow projects on the shop floor and support production.
- Makes changes and adjustments to designs to meet customer requests and manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure product adheres to applicable industry and company standards.
- Understand CNC machining within our industry. Capabilities and limitations.
- Offer ideas to increase efficiencies within Engineering and production.
- Manage individual time and workload to maximize throughput to production.
- Reviews prototypes with Manufacturing and Design department.
- Performs physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Able to write or alter CNC programs if necessary.
- Provides intellectual input into company design and system software decisions.
- Investigates and makes recommendations on new design technology to enhance company design and manufacturing processes. Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-year college degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Create models, drawings and Bill of Materials in an efficient manner. Comfortable in models consisting of 25 to 50 unique parts and sub-assemblies. Comfortable using Autodesk Inventor, Vault, Parameters, iLogic, & iParts,
- Knowledge of company ERP system --- Syteline. Ability to enter/ access Bill of Materials and Labor.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software. Create files that organize data.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Comfortable in models consisting 50 --- 150 parts.
- Comfortable writing iLogic programs at a part level.
- Intermediate knowledge of company ERP system --- Syteline. Ability to determine materials on hand and their cost. Determine status of a job and due dates.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software. Ability to create useful automation.
- Ability to provide guidance to others on large projects.
- Comfortable in models exceeding 150 unique parts and sub assemblies.
- Ability to create CAD and CNC Programming automation with VBA, ILogic, Visual Studio and any tools available in our CNC Packages
- Generate detailed CAD models/drawings and functional prototypes based on theoretical concepts.
- Implement drafting standards to maintain consistency in notes, layout and dimensioning schemes.
- Build and test prototype devices.
- Select materials for component parts and medical devices.
- Translate User Needs into Design Input Requirements to comply with regulatory requirements and best-practice standards. If you are interested in this PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER job in Northern, Cincinnati, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services---from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: Belcan, Fairfield , PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, Engineering , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!