Product Development Engineer
Company: Workstream, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Product Development Engineer designs original product and
modifies current product to customer specifications with the use of
Autodesk Inventor, Parametric Programming, or AutoCAD for daily
Product consists of custom cabinetry manufactured with:
- Particle Board with Melamine or Plastic Laminate finish. Dowel
or Pin and Cam construction methods.
- Solid Surface.
- Sheet metal and light structural components.
- A wide variety of hardware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read order verification reports to determine
customer required specifications for standard products.
- Responsible for complete, accurate, and timely cad models,
drawings, and bill of materials for manufacturing for standard
product and flexed model specials.
- Meet with production on any order information for new specials
and retrieve any required engineering drawings for standard product
- To stretch and modify existing casework designs to match
customer specials including width/depth/height variations utilizing
assembly drawings to ensure accuracy.
- Identify BOM requirements for Job Orders including board /
laminate materials, handles, slides, hinges, locks as well as any
- Apply accurate company machine standard routing times to the
BOMs based on the required steps in the manufacturing process to
complete the casework.
- Can work with product development engineers to incorporate
previously designed special hardware into existing casework
- Communicate with materials groups to source common hardware and
- Interact with the product design group on customer order
- Communicate with CNC programmer of all design
- Understand CNC machining within our industry. Capabilities and
- Able to write or alter CNC programs is required.
- Ensure product adheres to applicable industry and company
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Minimum of 4-year college degree in engineering field or 4+
years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience 2+ years using Autodesk Inventor or equivalent 3D
- Ability to work with models consisting of unique parts and
- Able to generate CNC programs a must- woodworking industry a
- Prior ERP experience required, preferably using SyteLine?
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Work involves sitting, walking, talking, hearing, and using a
variety of office equipment.
- Vision abilities require close vision assessments.
- Work involves lifting, pushing, pulling up to 25 pounds
- Required to stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Use of hand tools.
Keywords: Workstream, Inc., Fairfield , Product Development Engineer, Engineering , Fairfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...