Project Manager - Science Education
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job SummaryA Science Education Project Manager is responsible
for leading commercial project and process improvement initiatives.
This role coordinates activities between all stakeholders to
deliver results within a specified timeframe. The collaborators
include team members from internal and external leadership,
customers, production & operations, sourcing, sales, contractors
This position is remote or hybrid based in West Henrietta, NY and
is typically in an office environment but may include time in a
production or warehouse environment. The role involved a frequent
volume of work and due dates impose strain on a routine basis. Some
physical lifting may be required.What we're looking for
- Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience as a Project Manager, 5
- Formal project management training or certification highly
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Sophisticated skills in Excel
- Experience leading projects preferred.Who you are
- Possess strong problem solving and project management
- Able to work independently to prioritize multiple contending
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who communicates
effectively and concisely to team members, leadership, vendors,
contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Able to operate in a matrix environment.
- General business sense to be able to successfully lead business
relationships and work.
- Knowledge of systems such as SAP, QlikView, Salesforce.com,
Smart-sheets, Power BI, and other reporting tools desirable.How you
will create an impact
- Project Planning:
- Work with partners to identify needs, issues, and opportunities
- Develop resource plans, including roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate quality resources, risk management and communication
- Project Execution:
- Meet project objectives and timelines, along with budget
- Apply standard methodologies to meet committed dates.
- Manage resources, external and internal collaborators and
- Sets agendas and reports out on meetings with those partners.
Identify and resolve issues proactively and raises to management
- Track and addresses open tasks.
- Provide regular and proactive communication to stakeholders,
team members and management.
- Project Control:
- Handle scope to ensure adherence to due dates.
- Lead change control. Track resource usage and make required
- Ensure federal, state and local compliance through coordination
with appropriate internal teams.
- Review and update risk, quality and communication plans.
- Conduct regular internal and external project team and
- Project Close:
- Conduct review of deliverables.
- Document "Lessons Learned" and conduct a review, at least
annually, to ensure continual process improvement.
- Perform a project close out meeting with partners.Why
Avantor?Dare to go further in your career. Join our global team of
14,000+ associates whose passion for discovery and determination to
overcome challenges relentlessly advances life-changing science.The
work we do changes people's lives for the better. It brings new
patient treatments and therapies to market, giving a cancer
survivor the chance to walk his daughter down the aisle. It enables
medical devices that help a little boy hear his mom's voice for the
first time. Outcomes such as these create unlimited opportunities
for you to contribute your talents, learn new skills and grow your
career at Avantor.We are committed to helping you on this journey
through our diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which includes
personalized learning experiences to support your career growth and
success. At Avantor, dare to go further and see how the impact of
your contributions set science in motion to create a better world.
Pay Transparency:The expected pre-tax pay for this position is
$73,500.00 - $122,400.00Actual pay may differ depending on relevant
factors such as prior experience and geographic
location.Disclaimer:The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO Statement:We are an
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the , , and .3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Fairfield , Project Manager - Science Education, Education / Teaching , Indianapolis, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!